Garbage Disposal Repair and Plumbing services
When it comes to garbage disposals often times they are poorly taken care of and mistreated. Most garbage disposal units become clogged or backed up because they are only designed to handle small amounts of residue, before plates and utensils are added to the dishwasher. We service quite a few homes at McCoy's Plumbing from this type of problem.
We are all guilty of putting large amounts of food down our disposal unit thinking it will just grind everything up but that isn't always the case. Clogs are often the result of such misuse and few things are more frustrating than a sink in the kitchen that will not drain properly. You have come to a plumbing co. in Tyler Tx. that is able to handle your torture to your garbage disposal. We are experts at finding the problem and repair. If the case calls for it we can also help you pick out a new one that will fit your budget and your needs. Listed below is some DIY techniques that may help you resolve the problem without the need of a professional visiting your home.
- Sometimes objects can be lodged in the unit such as a coin, a utensil, bread tie, or staple
- A button is located on the bottom of the unit that can be pressed to reset, if this doesn't work use a flashlight to inspect.
- Never put your hand into a disposal unit, if an object is found use a set of needle nose pliers to remove.
- Many times there is a key (hex key) with a jam clearing mechanism below the sink
- There is a spot where the key fits into that can be inserted and worked back and forth to clear the jam